our solutions target
Solving background checks management challenges for government agencies in health, education, public safety, licences and certifications
Automated Web-Based Background Check Platform for State and Government Agencies.
What Can Our BCS Development Team Do for You?
Innovative BCS exclusively develops government background check solutions, allowing state law enforcement and government agencies to perform criminal background checks on applicants who will be working with patients in long-term-care settings such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and hospices. By implementing our online criminal background check framework, state and government agencies can streamline applicant/licensee onboarding, background check processing, overall tracking, and notification processes from beginning to end. This helps to increase the efficiency with which state staff can process background check requests. Our employee background check system, application infrastructure and platform are in compliance with the Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy.
Key Features of the Innovative Background Check Platform:
- Mature system that has evolved over the past 5 years to achieve peak functionality, integration, and configuration.
- Not a Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) system, but a proven framework to enable quick startup times.
- Our core BCS team has been part of the NBCP since its inception.
- Our secure, web-based background check platform is used in a production environment in 12 states and growing.
- Supporting over 500,000 background checks to date, with close to 10,000 users (providers, state users, applicants, police departments, etc.).
- Proven methodology of onboarding states to the system in a cost -and time-efficient manner (RDI - Rapid Deployment Implementation).
Benefits of Implementing Innovative BCS Solutions
Captures the Right Data
- Applicant Information
- Application Status Tracking
- Current and Prior Licenses
- Eligibility Decision
- Employment / License
- Licensing & Certification Data
- Automated Abuse & Offender Registry Searching
- Criminal History Responses
- Lights-out Process (Clearance)
- Go Green (Eliminate Paper)
- Dashboard & Reporting
- Forms & Letter Generation
- Notifications (decision, renewals, aging)
- FIPS, CJIS, and OWASP Aware
- Microsoft Current Platforms
- Data Encryption
Brief NBCP Background
The National Background Check Program (NBCP), authorized under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), is a voluntary program offering federal grant to all US States, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories to implement programs to conduct background checks on prospective employees in long-term care settings such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health agencies, and hospices. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) sponsors, administers and oversees the program.
Who is a “Direct Access Employee”?
The term “direct access employee” means any individual who has access to a resident or patient of a long-term-care (LTC) facility or provider through employment or through a contract, and who has duties that involve (or may involve) one-on-one contact with a patient or resident of the facility or provider, as determined by the state for purposes of the NBCP.
What is the purpose of the National Background Check Program (NBCP)?
The purpose of the NBCP grant program is to fund states as they develop a structured system to identify efficient, effective, and economical procedures for long-term-care (LTC) facilities and providers to conduct background checks on potential direct access employees prior to employment.
The NBCP requires LTC facilities and providers to obtain state and national fingerprint background checks on potential direct access employees, including abuse and neglect registry checks in all states in which the potential employee resided. CSAs/SIBs perform state record checks on NBCP fingerprint submissions received from potential direct access employees of LTC facilities/providers. The fingerprints are forwarded to the FBI for national record checks against the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System.
Please click here for a complete guideline.
Let’s make this happen
How can we help you to move forward to a secure, efficient and accurate background check platform that you manage?
For more information or to setup a webinar, please contact us 24/7 at the following: